Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRoma-Lazio soccer match in Italy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1905752&mesg_id=1905920
1905920, Roma-Lazio soccer match in Italy
Posted by Beamer6178, Thu Jan-26-12 05:01 PM
I studied abroad in fall of 1998, it's HUGE as a rivalry because Rome being the city, Lazio being the region. Fans were said to go crazy in the stands. I heard that in years prior, someone lit off a little rocket that hit someone in the face and killed them. So of course of all games that season, that's the one I go to.

Now while the highest level of team sport I've been to is an NBA playoff basketball game in Chicago (post Jordan, in 2007), I challenge any other sport to compare with the intensity, passion, and actual ELECTRICITY I could feel pulsating through the crowd. I mean to see a middle aged dude pull out his team handkerchief and start waving that shit while his eyes watered...gives you chills. I realized soccer is the world's most popular sport, but its really different when you get to see how the rest of the world does it. Haven't been to a soccer game since but I can still remember the feeling of that match and can't even come close to remembering who won.