Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIf you want to see the worst of philly go to the Wing Bowl
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1905752&mesg_id=1905847
1905847, If you want to see the worst of philly go to the Wing Bowl
Posted by debo40oz, Thu Jan-26-12 04:05 PM
Its not really a sporting even but it happens every friday the week before the superbowl as something for eagles fans to look forward to since they wont be in the superbowl most likely. It is basically an eating contest. Each eater enters with an entourage that includes for the most part strippers. The sold out crowd is drunk by 8AM. People stay out overnight and tailgate. If you want to build up on some ammo to use against philly fans pretty much the bottom of the barrell is there.

I went the last year that it was free. Got up and started drinking around 5am took the subway down. Was first in a long line for a beer that they started selling at 7 am. Drank a lot. Don't really remember much about the competition. Then afterwords pretty much everyone goes to a strip club. my friends and I and about 2 other people seemed to be the only ones that were depraved enough to go to the gold club located downtown (about two blocks from where I work, glad no co-workers saw me.) The strippers there are not the best in the world for sure.

anyhow it was fun to do once but I will never go again I am sure.