Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDepends on the tourney
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1905752&mesg_id=1905845
1905845, Depends on the tourney
Posted by B9, Thu Jan-26-12 04:04 PM
Augusta National has an unstated dress code: dress like you're playing. And the tickets are sold via lottery years in advance for the Masters. Brokers or knowing a sponsor are the only way to go. I've been for a practice round, but never the real deal. It's the best place to watch golf because the course is so surreal and picturesque, plus you can get a beer for like $3 and a sandwich for $2. Not at all like it is at other tourneys.

I've been to 1 US Open final round and 2 PGA Championships (1 final round), and tickets were pretty easy to come by. It depends on which course they are at. Each course can set a dress code, but I doubt you want to be out there in jeans anyway.

The lower profile the tournament, the easier the tickets are to come by and the less stiff the environment at the event are. You can always do one of two things:
Camp at one spot on the course and just wait for whatever to happen
or
follow a group.

I always camp; see the best variety of players and situations.

you get a new perspective and appreciation for professional golf when you see it live. But it's usually an all day commitment and can be taxing too.