Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectscout team quarterbacks run the upcoming opponent's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1898442&mesg_id=1900230
1900230, scout team quarterbacks run the upcoming opponent's
Posted by darius heyward bey, Fri Jan-20-12 02:47 AM
offense for the first string defense so they can prepare a game plan for the tendencies of their opponent.

running a scout offense is not the same as running your team's offense and getting reps running YOUR plays.

"Caldwell said this was a typical Colts’ Thursday practice, though almost all of the team’s gameplan was installed last week in Indianapolis. He said the team “wasn’t as sharp as we’d like to be,’’ though you couldn’t tell by the effectiveness of the first-team offense. In four nickel and two-minute offensive sessions in the last hour of practice, Peyton Manning completed 25 of 28 throws against a crew of Colt backups posing at the Saint scout. His last throw in one of the two-minute sessions was a perfectly thrown rollout to Dallas Clark in the end zone. It was the second straight sharp practice for Manning, prepping for his second Super Bowl start in four seasons."

so Peyton was closing out the last hour of practice against the scout defense.

"The highlight for the defense was an interception off scout-team quarterback Curtis Painter by linebacker Clint Session on a deflected pass off the hands of backup receiver Hank Baskett."

so Painter is the scout team QB during Super Bowl week, again doesn't mean he's practicing the Colt's offense. He was mimicking the Saints's looks.

but again, I concede. I know I've heard it before, but as I said I concede the point because I cannot reproduce the transmissions or present evidence to back up my statement. But this doesn't refute my stance.

nice try though.