Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYea, yall are wrong on Rubio
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1894914&mesg_id=1895143
1895143, Yea, yall are wrong on Rubio
Posted by ChuckNeal, Fri Jan-13-12 04:24 PM
I dont like the hype he's getting and dont know if he'll ever be a top 3 pg in the league (I'll gladly take the L if im wrong on that) but he's nice and will eventually help a team win playoff games.

He has a great feel for the game and can pretty much make any pass. He's consistently able to keep his dribble alive in traffic which allows players more time to find openings or for plays to develop. And, while not a gritty defender that can lock cats down, he's pesky and has long arms which enables him to gets some steals and/or cause players pick up their dribble.

He's waaaaaaaaay smarter than J Williams EVER was. To make the comparison is really stupid. It tells me you only watched sportscenter clips of both players.

My only concerns w/ Rubio: 1. Lack of foot speed moving laterally: This will prevent him from ever being the kind of pg that can get to the rack at will or consistently stay in front of quicker pgs. 2. Shooting: I think he'll eventually develop into a consistent shooter, but if not, it won't prevent him from being an all star caliber pg.

I like Irving too, a lot. Been telling cats he'd be nice since he was at St. Pats. I just dont feel it necessary to compare the two, yet.