Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1886652&mesg_id=1886834
1886834, Yeah.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jan-03-12 07:05 PM
>They don't want RG3 to come here and do what Lebron didn't.
>Win the whole fucking thing.

Word. I think it's a long way from this; Cleveland has to put together two consistent seasons of play for that. If they don't screw around and inexplicably piss off their star players (that Colt McCoy shit is shades of LeCharles Bentley and Joe Jurevicius, that Peyton Hillis shit is like Kellen Winslow Jr meets Braylon Edwards all over again).

>There's no elite WR to take that high, we can find similar(or
>possibly even better) talent later in the draft. Same with the
>OL, we can do that much later.
>
>If they take RG3 then they're sold on him for the foreseeable
>future(even though I think they'll still make him battle it
>out with Colt which shouldn't be a problem for him) and I'll
>say that we NEED a QB with his skill set in the AFC North.
>McCoy should be a pretty good backup though.

Yeah, I can dig it. He's young as shit. The Browns will really have to mature as an org... maybe Holmgren will be the wild card, as stated before. This team is already looking like the Eagles Jr, might as well complete the package with a promising Asiatic QB.

You're right that the Bees have been trying hard w/sticking to an antiquated script (the prodigal pocket QB with a billion yards in college). I'm a Colt fan but I don't know what happened to him from last season to this one, he was better last season. That hit might have screwed him up for real.

>Right, how would him going there be any fucking better for
>him? I could see him really digging it here though.

We'll see. The Browns are a very young team. If they can just stabilize as an org maybe they will sneak in while one of the other teams falls off. It will be hard when one of those teams is the Steelers.