Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPG Warz: The Early Returns...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1885820&mesg_id=1885820
1885820, PG Warz: The Early Returns...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-02-12 06:29 PM
Yeah I know we're only a little over a week in but lets set the board...

1. D.Rose - duh, he's not only the top PG but in the convo for the best player in the league period, his scoring is slightly down this year but his efficiency and assists numbers are up...

2. CP3 - he can still control a game better than anybody, his rebounding numbers are slightly down from what they usually are, after a lot of early hype this Clipper team might not really be that much better than the team he left in NOLA, he seemed to wear down at times last year, it will be interesting to see how he holds up under the bright lights of Tinseltown...

3. Deron BETTER - he's stuck on a shit team in Jersey playing with some D-League level talent but we all know what he can do...

4. Rondo - he is what he is, he has his limitations but he's effective at what he does, he's scoring more this year, we'll see if he can keep it up...

5. Westbrook - yeah I know he's struggled and he's currently averaging more turnovers than assists and leading the league in turnovers at over 5 a game but he's still a key player on one of 2 undefeated teams in the NBA and can take over a game at anytime...

6. Ellis/Curry - I'm judging these 2 as a tandem, neither one is really a point guard, but are very talented but both seem to have trouble staying healthy...

7. Jennings - off to a solid start, scoring and efficiency numbers are up...

8. Calderon - not spectacular but efficient - excellent shooting percentages across the board and the best assist-to-turnover ratio in the league...

9. Lawson/Miller I'm graded these guys as a tandem also since they spend a lot of time on the court together, I know OKS hates Miller but he's still effective and can still run a team and he's a big reason Denver has had the success they have had so far...

10. Lowry - currently leading the league in assists and Houston is playing a little better than some people thought they would...

others...

Parker - "Top 5" Tony's numbers are down, is it by design or has he lost a step? he's only 28 but he's been in the league 10 years and his primary asset is his speed and quickness...

Nash - damn, this looks like the year he finally falls off, with this schedule he might retire mid-season...

Wall - a lot of people thought he would make the leap this year, he seems to have taken a step back...

Holiday - another guy I thought would make a leap, I guess their running a lot the offense through Igoudala now, not sure what's up with that, it would be nice if we had some sixer fans that would talk about it...

Collison - another guy that's not spectacular but pretty efficient, Indiana might surprise some people this year...

Felton - despite the loss to the Clips yesterday he has a potentially decent squad to run with in Portland, another team nobody is really talking about but may surprise...

Irving - talented kid, he's basically sharing duties with Sessions right now, needs to improve his efficiency, if he can harness that talent he might be a player...

Rubio - the people's favorite, has flashed brilliant passing skills, his shooting percentages are surprisingly high, it will be interesting to see if that continues as his minutes are extended...