Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwho should replace him is tough to answer right now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1871247&mesg_id=2469786
2469786, who should replace him is tough to answer right now
Posted by celery77, Tue Aug-04-15 03:38 PM
which is one reason why I'm pretty okay with them running the string out, at least until October, with Klinsmann. All the MLS options aren't that great -- Porter still has to prove he can consistently get the best out of professional adults, Kreis has to prove he can win with a group that isn't Javi Mo and Kyle Beckerman, and the rest of the options they list are soccer pragmatists, which is okay, but wouldn't mesh with Klinsmann.

My main beef is the pass (and responsibility) Jurgen has been given because he speaks with a foreign accent. He's NOT better than the American coaches that have preceeded him, yet he's paid more, given vastly more responsibility, and is (at least publicly) promised much more job security than they ever received. But as long as we're all being honest at this point that Jurgen is NOT getting the best out of our talent pool, then I'm fine with that.

And the talent pool IS deeper, it's just lacking stars. But a smart manager putting guys into consistent positions MIGHT be making stars out of young guys like Fabian Johnson, DeAndre Yedlin, maybe even Wil Trapp or Perry Kitchen. Klinsmann has been too inconsistent in his roster and tactical selection, though, so no one looks good with a USA shirt on right now. That's a problem that just plain consistency would hopefully address.