Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthe development system is being sorted by MLS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1871247&mesg_id=1969932
1969932, the development system is being sorted by MLS
Posted by celery77, Tue May-08-12 01:21 PM
Klinsmann has nothing to do with it.

all he's really done is require the youth coaches at all levels of US Soccer to play the same 4-3-3 so that players are "more prepared" to enter the senior national setup (and that's why we missed out on the Olympics this year, because again the 4-3-3 with North American talent failed spectacularly). never mind that trying to transform a nation's "soccer culture" by implementing tacts at the youth national level is asinine, let's be clear that Klinsmann deserves NONE of the credit when MLS youth academies start graduating productive players at a higher rate going forward.

that work was being done by the pro clubs in the US before Klinsmann arrived, and will continue after Klinsmann leaves.

and obviously I can accept the US losing, but if it seems to me that the team is underperforming due to managerial / tactical decisions, I trust we will all be equally as hard on Klinsmann while he fails as we were on Bob Bradley while he was succeeding, because simply fiddling with the youth ranks doesn't recuse my nat'l team coach from the expectation of good results.