Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYour point is well founded but let's be fair
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1822013&mesg_id=1823112
1823112, Your point is well founded but let's be fair
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Oct-03-11 03:27 PM
>Cowboy fans today remind me a lot of 49er fans from 91-94. If
>they had their way Steve Young would have been shipped off on
>draft day for the rights to Heath Shuler.
Steve Young was under heat because of who he replaced (who proved in KC he could STILL PLAY), not because of his losing to Dallas in and of itself. I still believe with Montana we beat Dallas in '92. Probably not 93, but in 92 they didn't even realize how good they were yet.

It was a tough ass situation. The fucking Giants probably cost us two more potential championships. We'd have beaten the Bills if we had gotten past them in the 91 NFC championship game, would have been the first threepeat ever, and possibly some more. Hard to fault management for what they did, but at the same time, can't remember where your all time great QB who was still a peak performer is sat due to injury (and never gets the job back) in favor of an upstart and very very good backup as well.

>Yeah it sucks as a Cowboy fan to watch games like y'all had
>yesterday... but finding a QB with even 85% the ability Romo
>has could take you decades. I think coaching is the real
>answer here.
I agree. its frustrating to have your QB do that, but he's so talented, it's kind of something you're stuck with. they need a coach with a stronger personality to get him right, IMO. who knows, maybe garrett is that guy after all, not like i care, dallas's struggles keep my teeth white lol.