Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKemba has had in the past a reputation for being a ballhog.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1629965&mesg_id=1630041
1630041, Kemba has had in the past a reputation for being a ballhog.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Dec-02-10 06:32 AM
Even scoring PGs will average 4 dimes a game-- there's a reason why Kemba doesn't, because he never passes. Even scoring guards like AI and Gilbert distribute the ball more than Kemba.

>and "cools off" is a relative term, just cuz he's not gonna
>score 30ppg the rest of the season don't mean shit really.

Well, this goes back to his ballhogging. I do believe his number of shots per game should stay right around this number all season long-- but if they're not falling, or if he plays an opponent that can stay in front of him (a huge task), then Connecticut has ZERO chance. He is literally their only option at this point-- even Oriakhi is only getting involved as an afterthought, really.

I really like Kemba. The guy can ball. But I'm not convinced that if there's a game in which his shots aren't falling that he won't do what he's done in the past-- drag the entire ship down with him. The UCONN fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but from the couple of times I watched them last year and just from listening to UCONN fans grumble about the losses I didn't see, I believe this is his reputation-- he'll carry you on his back or he'll drag you down.

>but wow @ kyrie. even better than advertised if that's
>possible.
>
>I is scared, cuz duke + NJ PGs = national championships
>
>but this kid is really likeable, so I might be able to stomach
>it if he leads them to a chip.

I agree that he's better than advertised. I'm ecstatic about it. I PRAY for health-- when he went down in the 1st and had to go to the bench, I chewed my fingernails clean off.