Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCould've become a quality prospect... needed to stay in school.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2808098&mesg_id=2808213
2808213, Could've become a quality prospect... needed to stay in school.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-26-24 01:09 AM
I've seen the comparisons to Avery Bradley, another undersized 3-and-D 2 guard prospect, but... like, Bradley was a top 5 HS player. Also, Bradley was notably more productive in college!

He's a good athlete with good strength and good length, and defensively he can at least switch 1 and 2, maybe even to 3s without getting blown apart.... but his shooting was better in HS than college, which poses 3-and-D questions. Also, he's just not a creator at all, not a handler at all, etc. He's also not really the sort of *elite* defender that would merit draft consideration... like, he's better on offense than someone like Ryan Dunn, but Dunn is *worlds* better on defense.

I think if he'd stayed another 2 years, you could 100% sell me that he becomes an end-of-1st, early-2nd type player that has what it takes to stick in the league. Now, he's not a realistic rotation player. He'll need to spend time in the G-League, realistically, where pros will make mincemeat out of him. He needed that time in college.

Maybe Bron can help him adjust, and maybe he can become, like, a 4th guard type. I just think his ceiling was grossly limited by the early departure.