Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectUpside's there... but I have concerns.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2808098&mesg_id=2808195
2808195, Upside's there... but I have concerns.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jun-25-24 01:21 PM
Collier had a lot of hype coming into the season for obvious reasons. He pressures the rim really well, uses speed and strength to get inside, finishes at a tremendous level at the rim, and makes good reads for others.

... but can he do this in the NBA? He's short for a guard who'll pressure the rim well at the next level. He doesn't have the greatest bag either-- in fact, he's really turnover prone. On top of that, he's just not a very good pull up shooter or outside shooter right now. And while sometimes it's hard to judge the defense of these highly ranked prospects on bad teams, he didn't work hard on that end all year.

So if a guy like Scoot, who is stronger, has more of a bag, and is a better shooter, is struggling to finish at the rim and defend as a rookie... then, like, Collier feels like a major league project. Ultimately it comes down to shooting. If he can't shoot, then, like, this feels like a low-efficiency backup PG situation. Another guy where I feel like, if he pops, the team that drafts him won't be the ones who reap the benefits.