Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't know why fans and the FO thinks having a Big 3 works
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2808007&mesg_id=2808019
2808019, I don't know why fans and the FO thinks having a Big 3 works
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Jun-19-24 07:42 PM
I think the league the last few years has shown the depth is more important than top line talent. Even the year the team made the WCF, they had AD and Bron playing well, of course, but they had a lot of players play over their heads.

Also, who are we bringing in to be the #3 and who are we sending out? I don't think Levine is a solid bet given his injury history and lack of effort of defense. Are we getting rid of Reeves to get Levine? I don't think that's a good idea either.

I'd rather trade AD and Bron and start over. But, I would have very little faith the FO could actually build a capable roster. I didn't like Jim Buss and Mitch the last few years, but they did draft a pretty good roster. Recently, they nabbed Caruso, Reeves, and TNT with some low picks, so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.

Regardless, I think 2020 was the peak of this team. It seems like whoever you bring in as a 3rd star, it's not going to move the needle enough to get this team to the level that OKC or MIN or DEN or DAL is at now. So, break the team up. But, I realize we need stars out here or Jeanie and Jay Mohr can't afford a new estate, so...