Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm scurred...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805001&mesg_id=2807013
2807013, I'm scurred...
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-29-24 04:34 PM
>...it was good enough. It didn't meet the gold standard of 1)
>Roddy accidently hitting Vince was a wooden chair right before
>Ric Flair's first planned match or 2) Nash powerbombs Bischoff
>through the stage at GAB '96, but worked fine and made people
>hate Perry and the Young Bucks even more. Plus, we got a Shad
>Khan appearance, Tony selling the neck injury during the NFL
>draft (with Shad looking like he was about to crack up), and
>an angle where Tony is going to be off TV for the forseeable
>future.
>
>Now, if they run a "Tony's revenge!' angle and get him
>physically involved any more beyond this, it will be dumb. But
>as an angle to make the ELite the top heel faction, it works.
>
>

As time goes on, I'm struggling more and more with their execution so far. IE: I love that they were smart enough to know that TK needed a neck brace. But I don't love that he didn't exactly make Steamboat's throat injury speech therapy vignettes proud with it. And he's not selling the shit out of it like 'I can't believe these ayyholes did this to me'. Its more like 'I'm a real rasslin boss now that I've taken a bump..isn't this great!? Tell the NFL about it too!'. AKA his tone is all wrong for the injuries they're claiming he has and the story of him being dramatically wronged by 'his guys'.

I'm very worried that they're too goofy to make absolute sure that the right people are the heels here too. And what kind of heels they need to be for this to work.

AND

Call me racist, but I'm most worried that this is gonna somehow fuck up Swerve's first title reign. He earned that spot honest with his badass work and now he's gonna catch hell being the main thing on the show while this whole deal is going on.

And please believe that I think Hangman is gonna be the Hogan of this Elite vs TK thing. AKA Hangman is gonna show up, people are gonna think he's with the anti-Elite side, and then he's gonna 'legdrop' Kenny or someone for the gotcha moment. And then, Hangman is gonna cheat and beat Swerve for the title sometime this summer. Honestly, it could work but again...EXECUTION! And hell, I think I'd rather that than Jack Perry being the guy with the belt . IDK..I'm worried. I hope they do some good shit with this and prove me wrong.