Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Well, that whole thing was dumb and pointless
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805001&mesg_id=2806621
2806621, RE: Well, that whole thing was dumb and pointless
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Apr-12-24 02:12 PM
>Just a ratings ploy with the hopes of adding heat to the
>Young Bucks/FTR match. And there are much, much better ways to
>build heat (like the team's in ring history) that don't
>involve invoking the name of someone who doesn't work there
>anymore. And they successfully got the crowd to chant for Phil
>instead of FTR, so, hey, there's always that! I hope they at
>least got the ratings bump and never speak of it again.
>

I hope it leads to a come to Jesus moment for TK. He fucked that the fuck up. Bad decision. Bad execution. Bad to have the Bucks involved at all cuz enough people legit think they're hocakes already. A bunch of people on staff there OBVIOUSLY weren't into either (see Tony S making faces at the desk). As is? It is openly bad. Not Arquette as World Champ bad. Not Jeff Jarrett winning matching HHH-ishly bad. Not NJPW most of your main event roster is retired or gone bad. But still...it was bad. You fired the guy after trying to separate him from like 10 dudes on your roster. And somehow, he 'attacked' one of your pillars in gorilla and scared TK for his life by 'lunging at him' and calling him a clown. Showing that was HORRIBLE for basically everyone they might've been aiming to 'vindicate'. Big fail.

>I will say that anyone comparing AEW to WCW 2000 obviously
>never watched WCW in the year 2000. No only did it have all
>the Russo inside baseball bullshit, but the wrestling,
>matches, and PPVs were all awful. In contrast, on this show,
>Copeland vs. Penta was awesome, and the stuff where the
>wrestlers actually addressed wrestlers they were feuding with
>worked. There are also at least 3 or 4 matches that I'm very
>much looking forward to at the PLE. Just move on from Punk and
>stop booking to the dumb ass online tribalists.

Tha innanet's obsession with comparisons is sad. As a jackass who actually watched a bunch of this stuff with some kind of memory, I'd say I remember WCW being on the verge of unwatchable. And for me, a lifelong lover of watching hella rasslin from at least a few feds at once, that was tough to live through then and say/type now. The constant reboots, insanely bad storylines, shady main events, people getting out of there in droves (my love for Benoit, Malenko, Eddie, and Saturn getting tf outta there even with Benoit being offered the title is HIGH), etcetera. Some of the rasslin WAS still straight up good. Most of the key undercard players were already mentioned. But even at the upper part of the card, people would sneak around and have coherent as hell matches before ignant as hell finishes..aka the WCW.

Can AEW 'fix' it? Yeah. They can. They have the wrestlers. They have to do coherent shows, make some stars (they have potential stars and a few 'starmakers' who have to play ball), DROP THE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WANT TO BE THERE ANYMORE, and resist the urge to do silly stuff (like this footage thing).

>
>Now let us never speak of this again.
>
>