Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNight 1 was kinda mid
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805001&mesg_id=2806417
2806417, Night 1 was kinda mid
Posted by mrhood75, Sat Apr-06-24 10:46 PM
Which is disappointing, because Night 1 last year was an all-timer.

Overall, very little was egregiously bad. Just a lot of it was blah.

Started off well enough with the Women's title match. Tag team ladder match had some cool spots and brilliant/hilarious moments. R-Truth continues to be a treasure, and him and Miz winning the Raw titles was my favorite feel good moment of the night. The LWO vs. Lega match start off good (loved the double cross body spot) but I lost interest as it went along. The Usos match was the worst of the night. The Women's tag match was entertaining enough and I was happy that Jade got the pin.

Sami vs. Gunther was the match of the night, though I probably wasn't as into it as most. As Rocky tributes go, it was indeed entertaining. Anyway, it's time to move Gunther on to the World Title picture, and it sets up Zayn vs. Gable well.

As for the main event... it was definitely blah. It did get better as it went along, and started to really pick up after they went out of the ring, and some of the near falls near the end worked well. But the Rock was definitely rusty and operating at 1/2 to 2/3 speed. The ending was the right one, as both Cody and Seth need to operate at a disadvantage, and it even further sets up Cody vs. Rock at like Summerslan. But I just wasn't that entertained as whole.

Truthfully, there was a lot of wasted time on the card. Way too many ads. A few useless promos. And, man, the entrances went waaaaaaaaay too long. You could have had a whole other match in the time that the spent on the entrances and intros for the main event.

And are they still having issues micing the crowd? Or was it weirdly silent/dead at times? I really couldn't tell.

So, hoping tomorrow night is better. And that they stick the landing.