Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt was a bad call, but like I heard Paige say in the presser...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805892&mesg_id=2806397
2806397, It was a bad call, but like I heard Paige say in the presser...
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Apr-06-24 03:28 AM
It was a bad call, but like I heard Paige say in the presser it shouldn't have come down to that. UCONN had their chances in the first half to get out to a large enough of a lead to potentially intimidate IOWA, but were missing bunnies or not generating good shots.

I was saying in my head that UCONN should have been up by double digits going into halftime. When IOWA got it to just a six point lead given how poorly they played, especially how poorly Clark played, I thought IOWA had a really good chance to win.

UCONN couldn't buy a 3 in the second half and they didn't have anyone playing exceptionally well in the second half, although the freshman and Paige had their moments. You have to give IOWA credit for using Clark more as a decoy and having her play off the ball in the half court. The rest of the team especially Stuelke played their asses off. UCONN needed another gal. Their lack of depth because of the injuries finally got the best of them.