Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Lmao this dude couldn’t remember his lyrics
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805001&mesg_id=2805870
2805870, RE: Lmao this dude couldn’t remember his lyrics
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Mar-17-24 09:28 AM
>

It’s all working on me. He’s the heel (at least for now) so I love that he’s unlikable, delusional, childish, petty, and ridiculous. It’s great that his character thinks his newly gained corporate role excuses his behavior. And that his ties with Roman (that he’s all of a sudden so worried about) are being so openly and obviously abused. He’s playing right into the constant internetty cries against him and the not even kinda sneaky cism he’s taking in from the lowest level people who watch this stuff. He’s acting a smooth fool, eating up crazy time online and on-air, hollering, cussing, threatening, offending, and generally making sure that most reasonable people want to see Cody (and Seth) kick his ass all over Philly. Roman’s fate is already sealed too since he been a terrible and abusive character for years. And somehow Cody is positioned as the one to do them in. I watched the AEW crowd decide that he sucked a few years ago. I was bored of reading people twist themselves into knots to swear Cody was soooooo horrible. And one entrance into his WWE return, it was clear that dude was good. By the time he showed up with that bruised titty, he was the man! Haha.

But really, this all works if/when Cody kicks their asses/survives their shady attempts to screw him again.

And the Rock has an excellent history with showing ass, selling, and/or losing when it’s time so I’m not super worried on that end.

And I trust Cody to get the right about of ‘hot and ready to win’ just in time for Mania. If the plan is him winning, it’s gonna be a good one.

He really had to read that weak shit live off the page😂
>
>Still leaning in on outdated misogyny with Seth
>
>“Your wife is more popular”
>
>I’m sure that really plays well to dumb meatheads, dudebros
>who never left high school, and middle aged red pill dorks who
>think the high school bully/he man woman hater tropes are how
>real men act.
>
>And still leaning on dumb lines like “crybaby bitches”
>
>This shit is embarrassing, just spitting out bad Attitude
>Era/pre Ruthless Aggression retreads
>
>He slogged through fifteen minutes of tired schtick before
>spitting A game venom with the mama Rhodes bit. The Whoop That
>Trick chant from the crowd, the your welcome line, that’s
>gold.
>
>He’s at a point where less is a *lot* more. If they trimmed
>the fat by keeping the Greatest Hits schtick to an obligatory
>minimum, this would be a great run.
>
>That said, Cody needs to find that Super Cena gear and match
>his energy. Because the Ric Flair tears are not cutting it.