Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI checked in on AEW last night, funny enough AFTER Sasha’s debut
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805001&mesg_id=2805769
2805769, I checked in on AEW last night, funny enough AFTER Sasha’s debut
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Mar-14-24 08:50 AM
There’s enough there to really have something

. There’s too many goofballs and too many bodies on the screen at one time in general…like Jay White needs to get as far as he can from all of these cornballs and just mix in with Ospreay, Joe, etc. It just reeks of WCW’s dying days to have this many men in one ring all doing their shit and over acting within a time crunched segment.

I guess I’m supposed to just know Okada is a big deal, but for those who don’t you sure aren’t going to make him seem like one palling around with those two nerds. Hook’s upside is limitless / pairing him with Jericho doing his own Jericho tribute act evaporates Hook’s cool in seconds.

Like, DAMN man. If they could just single in on select individuals and make them all feel important the way they do Samoa Joe they’d be fuckin cookin. But there’s a dozen titles, “trios”, and just a lot of personalities who aren’t TV-ready clouding what could be a special roster.

I’m sorry to be so literal about it, but can you imagine what Triple H would do with
Joe
Okada
Ospreay
MJF
Jay White
Wardlow
Swerve
Hangman
Danielson
???

How does it all still manage to feel so silly and trivial? That talent pool is as good as WWE’s