Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI mean, that's really what they are already
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2805001&mesg_id=2805476
2805476, I mean, that's really what they are already
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Mar-05-24 12:50 AM

But people complain that there's not enough story or build-up.

>Joe, Ospreay, MJF, Okada, Danielson, Swerve, Hangman,
>Wardlow, Hobbs…this should be the stable of serious singles
>wrestlers who at different times vie for the title. If
>storytelling is AEW’s weakness then just make the story
>high-level competition.

I'd add Christian, Daniel Garcia, Mark Briscoe, Takeshita, Claudio, the HOB guys, and a few others to that list.

>Their women’s wrestling is generally poor. I don’t know
>that even Mercedes can help that. The Toni Storm gimmick is
>fun but that match last night nearly derailed the night’s
>momentum.

Eh, I think it is getting better. I'd go as far to say that Toni Storm is currently the best "character" since the OG Broken Matt Hardy. But something isn't **quite** working out once she hits the ring. But they have some interesting young talent as well.

>There’s still so much stuff I can’t stomach -

>Cassidy
As I mention below, I've like the guy. Overall, his run from the first Forbidden Door against Osprey to his rematch with Moxley was pretty impeccable. But I ageree he needs a break.

>Darby Allin,

Don't know to tell you there. He's consistently entertaining and has a lot of great match.

>“BCC”,

I agree that overall, they were better when Regal was there. I understand some people really don't like Moxley. But Danielson and Claudio are impeccable to me.

>and most importantly Jericho…

Jericho was very important in the beginning of AEW. I'd say that he peaked around Double or Nothing 2021, and whenever they've tried to put him in the top of the card since, it's been very diminishing returns. And some of his feuds have been BRUTAL (Adam Cole, the Don Callis stuff). That said, he does put the right people over all the time time now. And has gotten his ass kicked clean by guys like Hobbs, Takeshita, and Action Andretti.