Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I know, right? It’s almost like this is a different situation entirely!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2804750&mesg_id=2804908
2804908, RE: I know, right? It’s almost like this is a different situation entirely!
Posted by blueeclipse, Tue Feb-13-24 12:27 PM
I hear you. I'm just giving scenarios that show that automatically deferring because of the "advantage" isn't a sure thing no matter how small or large you think the advantage may be.

You can make just as good of a case for both receiving the ball as you can for deferring.

When your "advantage" involves 4th down risks and 2 point conversions its not much of an advantage if any. Were basically in 50/50 territory.

I was just getting pissed at how much people are sticking their chest out like Shanahan was an idiot for doing it. Or any coach.

There's an advantage in going first too......you can rest your defense that just may have been on the field.

We could go on and on with this. I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying that there's too many variables in both choices to say one is absolutely the better choice.