Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe only thing that would make sense
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2791550&mesg_id=2794870
2794870, The only thing that would make sense
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Jul-10-23 01:36 PM
from the league and TV broadcaster's perspective is to lessen the chance teams will load manage playing times for star players since it appears these early season games will have some semblance of heightened importance.

I personally won't care too deeply outside of game between already established rivals, but if this will result in better televised basketball games, I won't complain too loudly.

I have to imagine the players are all alright with since since I'm assuming they could have voted this down when it came about with the recent CBA, so if they are cool with it, I won't grumble about this too much. And I'm also assuming the extra TV dollars this will generate will get added in future CBA agreements, so that should be some added incentive for this to perform well; at least in theory.

Since I am an East Coast TV watcher, I wonder how late the games that will take place in Las Vegas will air on TV; I fear the games will start 10:00 or 10:30 PM ESP since that is fair for Las Vegas time zone, but not so much for me.