Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCould be interesting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2791550&mesg_id=2794866
2794866, Could be interesting
Posted by mista k5, Mon Jul-10-23 12:43 PM
For right now it does make want tune in for those group games and tourney but come November I may have forgot about it. I hope they do air the group games nationally.

I'm wondering if they have more plans for it down the line that they are holding off on until they see if it catches on. I think it could make more sense if they make some more changes to how the regular season plays out. Maybe get rid of divisions.

I also kind of worry that it will be like soccer tournaments where some counties send a "b team" sometimes.

As far as I'm understanding these games will all be part of the 82 game regular season except for the final which will be an 83rd game for those two teams. Also, during the group stage teams will play games that are not part of this cup. I think that's another change I would make in the future. It will feel a lot more like a cup/tournament if only games for it are played during this period. Set aside 2/3 weeks for only the tournament games including group stages. I get why this might not be practical but I do think it would help separating it from the regular season.