Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah, I gotta give Scheyer a couple years minimum.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2784898&mesg_id=2786408
2786408, Yeah, I gotta give Scheyer a couple years minimum.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Apr-04-23 11:05 PM
>you're emotionally attached from his playing days at Duke, I
>get it. I guess if Aaron Craft ended up as our coach , I'd say
>the same (but probbaly not lol)

He's so young, and he showed enough this year-- ACC tournament title, damn near ACC conference title, even with our presumed #1 option in Whitehead hurt all year-- that I'm intrigued. Like, of course I'd punt him away for some obvious legend like Billy Donovan or Jay Wright in a heartbeat, lol, but absent those options, I'm inclined to keep him around until we see more.

Because if we fired him after like three seasons and he went somewhere else and beasted, it'd be a real kick in the dick, lol. If you think a guy who's "one of yours" might have the goods to be a great coach, you've got to see it through for a little while until you have a clearer answer. And I think there's a *chance* Scheyer has the goods. Not sure yet... but also not sure he doesn't.

Would really just love more than anything for Hubert Davis to be *just* good enough that UNC can't fire him, because I *am* already sure after one season that Scheyer is better than Davis. Low bar to clear, but it's a great start, lol.