Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCo-sign Frank tonight played out the way I thought except....except for the calls
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2784898&mesg_id=2786326
2786326, Co-sign Frank tonight played out the way I thought except....except for the calls
Posted by Castro, Mon Apr-03-23 11:22 PM
I actually felt it would be closer because SDSU was one of the teams I felt could physically impose themselves on the Huskies, and that showed itself to be true at points in the game....what killed them (SDSU) were the calls early in the second half. A lot of them were legit, but they were blowing the whistle pretty quickly. That stretch came back to haunt SDSU once they made their move because they were digging out of a deeper hole.

As far as upsets, it would have been pretty substantial if SDSU won. They were really a 2 seed at worst but that stretch was Hurley figuring shit out...when they got to Big East play, Jackson was still initiating the attack and teams simply dared him to shoot and guarded everyone else...destroyed the flow of the offense. They finally put Newton at point and although he is still shaky, everyone knows he can shoot, so that opened things back up. Additionally instead of switching starters all the time, he settled on a rotation with Calcaterra, Allene, Diarra and Clingan coming off the bench. Worked like a charm. They didn't win the big east tournament, but they we clicking. And once they got back out of conference...it was a wrap.