Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBruh, are you fucking kidding me?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2784898&mesg_id=2785657
2785657, Bruh, are you fucking kidding me?
Posted by Castro, Sun Mar-26-23 09:28 PM
Our last chip was 2014, We began with Langston Galloway's St. Joes squad, then we had Villanova, the Big East champion, in the round of 32. Then we had Iowa State, who finished in the top ten, in the round of 16. Then we had an Izzo team that finished second in the Big 10 (Valentine, Garry Harris and Adrien Payne). Then we beat #1 seed Florida, the top team in the country, and then we had to beat Kentucky with Julius Randle, the Harrison twins, James Young, Willie Caulie Stein, and Alex Poythress.

Open path my ass. Bruh they STILL hated Calhoun. This was the Shabazz -Ollie chip and it was an epic run for a team that entered the tournament 18th in the country.

The Kemba chip was no less epic- we entered the Big East tournament having lost the last two games of the season and we were 9th in the league. Kemba caught fire and we won 5 games in five days, and then turn around, in between Bucknell (a rout) and Butler (a meltdown/defensive master class), we beat Cincinnati, who finished ahead of us in the Big East, then San Diego State, Arizona and another loaded (Brandon Knight, Terence Jones, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins) Kentucky team...all nail biters. Bucknell was a cupcake but that is after an absolute meat grinder of a league tournament.

The 2008-09 team had AJ Price, Kemba, Hasheem Thabeet, Stanley Robinson, Jeff Adrien, Jerome Dyson. This team lost in the 6 OT game to Cuse in the beginning of the Big East tournament, and then to eventual champions Michigan State in the Final Four. We beat two top twenty teams in route to the final four...ran through two other squads. But never had a cupcake route. Period. As a Big East team, the tournament format meant after 2009, you had to win 5 or 6 games to win the league tournament. AAC and ACC is a three game cycle for the finals. We've won the Big East tournament 8 times, AAC tournament once, 4 chips and an NIT. (None of which Hurley has done yet, but hopefully he gets it done). None of that is cupcake.