Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI have been on this board complaining about the Knicks for 15 plus years.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2785042&mesg_id=2785236
2785236, I have been on this board complaining about the Knicks for 15 plus years.
Posted by Castro, Sun Mar-19-23 09:02 AM
Literally. There is a post on this page I started talking shit about our stubborn, two times fired coach. I am not sitting here like a fan of a team saying, "IF OUR GOAT 38 year old player comes back from a potential season ending injury and our unable to string together more than 20 games star can stay healthy and our first year don't know shit coach and his assemblage of super young players can all put it together, we can make a run"

The Knicks shit isn't just on paper. We are beating top teams. I am realistic about Milwaukee because I think Jrue is better than Brunson and Giannis is better than everyone. Lopez is solid. And Middletown, while he is injury prone, is still one of the best wings in the league....but their bench, even with the new guys, isn't better than ours.

So based on how we have played good teams, I say we have a shot, but I am also tempering that with the fact that Thibs is Thibs and Brunson came back pretty quickly from a foot injury. Without him, we might make it a full series in the first round but that is about it. With him, it has been very interesting.