Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCavs take 6ers without Allen in a GUILE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2776045&mesg_id=2777456
2777456, Cavs take 6ers without Allen in a GUILE
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-01-22 10:55 AM
but the 6ers are missing 2 key players that routinely fuck the Cavs up: Maxey (out for weeks), Harden (ditto).

It was basically Embiid and the Dildo Baggins League, and a regular amount of free throws (28 between both teams). With Joel on an island more or less, the Cavs could half-court the 6ers to death on offense, and mostly only worry about him on defense.

Mamadi Diakite got to play, and contributed quite well. The biggest thing was the bench actually doing things, particularly Caris LeVert (who I think was the team's top scorer). Subdued night from Mitchell (but he hustled and had some nasty plays), Garland and Mobley did some carrying, especially Mobley. Okoro's night was not bad.

Robin Lopez is not Tacko Fall levels of unplayable, but he is a major minus on the court. The Cavs need another big to fill in behind Allen. Shit, I would take Tristan Thompson back at this point. LOL.

I wish the Cavs could BOOT Windler and adopt Diakite. What Diakite provides is the theory of what Windler provides, in practice.

Rubio should be back in a month or two. Then these lineups become more interesting.

Guard wise: You can pair Mitchell with anyone but LeVert and vice versa. I'd like to see some Neto/Mitchell line ups when Darius has to sit.

Forward wise: Lamar Stevens/Dean Wade should start at the 3 based on matchups, with Cedi Osman as the chief reserve behind those two. Diakite (or Dean Wade) should fill in for Mobley, then Kevin Love (when back to playing shape). Mobley is the main "no Allen" guy, they need another one. With Diakite you don't have to worry about the PF being a toilet on defense.

Closer, and closer.

No one's catching Boston in the East except Milwaukee IMO. But even then, Boston is on "Ultimate Bullshit" status this season and that's before 44 comes back. That team is built like a modern NBA team with the right talent at the right positions.

If it's a Finals rematch, I like Boston for real all things considered.