Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectShould Running Backs create their own union?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2733565&mesg_id=2733565
2733565, Should Running Backs create their own union?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Mar-15-21 06:09 AM
Should RBs create their own union? Or at least fight within the NFLPA for better pay protections and higher guarantees?

It’s arguably the most violent position in the sport, and the most unfairly compensated one too.

I just saw Aaron Jones re-upped in Green Bay for $48MM a year for 4 years. But only $13MM is guaranteed and you KNOW , like everyone knows, that he’s not making year four of that. He’s 26... he’ll be walking like Gollum by 36.

I don’t think QBs can be overpaid. It’s the most important position in the most important sport. Everyone raised hell over Dak getting what he got, but what’s the alternative? Dak’s getting 40 a year, but if you told me it was 50 I’d still be like “sure that seems fair.”

But a running back? Man what a brutal life for most those guys. For every Aaron Jones or Christian McCaffery there’s like a dozen Alfred Morrises or Philip Lindsays. And to be honest if I ran a team I wouldn’t pay a running back either, not if I needed a QB or could pay an Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack type.

Is there any way to fix this?