Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectUNBELIEVABLE slate of games today.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2690208&mesg_id=2690743
2690743, UNBELIEVABLE slate of games today.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Mar-16-19 12:24 PM
Vermont already knocked out UMBC, much to Virginia's relief.

MSU up early on Wisconsin, but they're getting good looks, I expect them to claw back.

Norfolk State taking on NC Central for the MEAC auto-bid. Norfolk State's the favorite, but you can never count Moton out.

The SEC Tourney at 1 and 3:30. Florida/Auburn and Tennessee/Kentucky, respectively. Both should be really tight, with the second game potentially for a 1 seed. High drama here.

Houston vs. Memphis at 3. Houston has been great, but Memphis has really been coming on, and the auto-bid is Penny's only chance to dance this year. I expect this to be closer than people would think.

San Diego State vs. Utah State at 6 on CBS. Really upset we didn't get Nevada/Utah St again, as those dudes *do not* like one another... but instead, we get an exciting bid stealer in the mix. SDSU has some real talent and length too. Could get exciting.

Iowa State vs. Kansas. 6 PM on ESPN. Kansas trying to avenge the streak losing... but ISU is the rare Big 12 team with the depth of talent to hang with Kansas. Should be a great chess match.

Seton Hall vs. Villanova, 6:35 PM on FOX. Nova should have this sealed up, but Myles Powell has been on a TEAR. Willard pulls out magic in games like these. I expect Gus Johnson on the call, so we can expect magic.

FSU vs. Duke, 8:30 PM on ESPN. FSU has Duke beat on size and depth, so after an exhausting game yesterday, don't be surprised if Duke comes out flat. Hopefully they have the gas in the tank to make their usual second half push and put it away.

A ton of other auto-bid conference title games tonight too: the SWAC, Sun Belt, CUSA, Pac-12, Southland and WAC games should all be super evenly matched. The MAC, Big Sky, and Big West, less so... but strange things happen in March. Any time it's a game to dance, wild shit can go down.