Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJoe. Lamar ain't ready to take the Ravens through the...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2679623&mesg_id=2679992
2679992, Joe. Lamar ain't ready to take the Ravens through the...
Posted by Creole, Mon Nov-26-18 03:00 PM
Falcons
Chiefs
Bucs
Chargers
and Browns.

There is still a shot for the Ravens to win the division and make a nice run in the playoffs. I only trust Joe to make that happen.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-raiders-five-things-1127-story.html

No one wanted to talk about it Sunday, but the Ravens are about to face a season-defining decision at quarterback.
“I’m not going to get into that for a number of reasons,” Harbaugh said.
“That’s up to coach,” Jackson said.
“We just got done beating the Raiders, so I’m deflecting that one,” guard Marshal Yanda chimed in.
But with Joe Flacco nearing his expected return from a right hip injury suffered in Week 9, the Ravens face the question fans and analysts have anticipated all season.
Do they ride the horse that brought them most of the way? Or is the future now? Will Flacco retake the huddle for an essential road game against the Atlanta Falcons? Or will the Ravens bet on Jackson’s younger, hotter hand?
For all Jackson’s imperfections, he has made a solid case to take the job, moving the offense consistently and controlling the clock in two victories.
A skeptic, however, could note that the rookie has done it against two of the worst defenses in the NFL. The Ravens won more convincingly with Flacco slinging the ball from the pocket early in the season.
The ideal scenario would feature Flacco starting and Jackson coming in to run an entirely different offense for whole series. But that’s a lot to ask of a coaching staff that has its hands full crafting one game plan each week. And it’s a lot to ask of Flacco, who doesn’t like leaving the field.
If Flacco is close to fully healthy, the guess here is he’ll start. That said, the Ravens cannot holster Jackson for all but five or six plays a game. They’d do opposing defenses a kindness if they squandered him to that degree.
Harbaugh probably won’t tip his hand until next weekend, in part to keep the Atlanta coaching staff guessing.
But make no mistake, Flacco vs. Jackson is the story of the week and the remainder of the season.