Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: so all of a sudden all the other lakers know how to play defense but lebron
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2677629&mesg_id=2677675
2677675, RE: so all of a sudden all the other lakers know how to play defense but lebron
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Nov-02-18 01:54 PM
>cannot? if thats the case they wouldve been a lot better
>defensively last year. its lebrons fault all of a sudden that
>the lakers give up 110 a night...same as they were doin last
>year? foh.

so my opinions are based upon watching the actual games.... I'm speaking on right today.... I'm watching guys come off of picks up at the free throw line and dribble all the way to the basket and Lebron watches them and never moves his feet towards the guy with the ball.... Or dudes standing literally next to Lebron at the basket and he makes no effort to contest a shot ..again with the guys literally right next to him.

That's what's happening now..

Lebron started the season as the Lakers Power Forward ... after Ingram went out and Kuzma entered the line up, the plan was to play Kuzma at the 3 and Lebron stay at the 4.... His lack of defensive effort now has him playing the 3, with Kuzma at the 4, and Ingram at the 2.... the move for Lebron was made because of his complete lack of effort on defense below the free throw line.... Not that Kuzma is friggin Ben Wallace down there, but Lebron simply wasn't defending the paint with anything....

Luke has actually subbed Lebron out in the 4th quarter of 2 games for defensive purposes..... which is bad considering we don't have a defensive minded 4 or 5 on our bench.....

as far as the rest of team and last year's numbers.... The Lakers were 29th in Turnovers last year. you had some starters with some really bad shooting percentages....and you had some guys who are no longer on the team that played a lot of minutes, and were less than average defenders...like Julius Randle and Brook Lopez....

again I'm not saying that Lonzo, BI and Kuzma are great defenders...I am saying that they are at least average to slightly above average, and they are not watching guys go to the basket and not moving...that's what Lebrons doing and anyone who is watching these games sees that..

but again...it's a fixable problem....

the Lakers could very easily be undefeated right now...