Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHis PEs pairs have a slight modification, they have an outrigger
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2670300&mesg_id=2670359
2670359, His PEs pairs have a slight modification, they have an outrigger
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Aug-09-18 04:14 PM
I think in preseason he had an ankle injury and he told them the shoes rolled too easily, so his PE pairs had a small outrigger built in to stop lateral side rolling.

But apart from that you identified two key complaints users have had, the strange outsole pattern (seems made for turf or synthetic grass, something more grippy than wood) and a relative lack of support, especially in contrast to some other Bron models (eg 10 Elite, 11, 12, 13). Personally I think they have just enough containment, even for LeBron. The outsole actually plays better as it wears down but for him that doesn't matter because he is constantly pulling out new pairs. He has never put the premium on traction than like Kyrie does, I guess LeBron is a pretty north/south player.

Still, in terms of common gripes, you nailed it and it looks like we will see those things addressed in the LeBron 16. The Air units look about the same but the outsole will be herringbone with deep grooves while the upper also looks a little stiffer. Not sure about an outrigger but it seems like a no-brainer. Of course the pics out there now are unconfirmed anyway but I bet they are pretty close.