Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNFL is fine to me if you watch the games on mute
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2546888&mesg_id=2547008
2547008, NFL is fine to me if you watch the games on mute
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Jun-16-16 11:48 AM
I enjoy the higher level of skill, some of the things that pros can do are just unbelievable, and hey my Raiders are starting to be good again.

I just hate the culture where every coworker you have has to have their HOT TAKE about Gronk, about Cam, about your fantasy team... and most of the NFL TV coverage is pretty obnoxious outside of a few shows on NFL Network.

There's some parts about college fan culture (see basically everything happening at Baylor) that I really dislike, but I've found most hardcore college fans tend to be pretty knowledgeable and have at least some sense of humor. And the on field skill level is lower but the gap in watchability between the pros and college is far narrower than basically every other sport.

Just saying if your cubicle neighbor had a strong hot take about the Pac-12 race or Fourneete vs McCaffrey for the Heisman next year, they're probably pretty invested in it, but I could ask pretty much anyone I work with about Deflategate and get a dumb take back.