Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Cam Newton is the Beyonce of sports
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2512927&mesg_id=2514759
2514759, RE: Cam Newton is the Beyonce of sports
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Mon Feb-01-16 03:11 PM
>>Also, I'm gonna need some of yall to explain why it's okay
>to
>>hate McNabb or downplay Moon tho, cause that shit happen on
>>OKS and no one cares.
>>
>>If this post was about Russell, is it this many folks
>>strapping on their capes?
>
>I can't speak for others....

You don't have to speak for anyone, just acknowledge that this happens all the time.

But when McNabb was playing, I
>rooted for him if my Bears were not in the playoffs....
>
>Same with Moon....And even Russell...

Okay, cool. I been rooting for Russell since he came in the league. I am not going to question anyone's blackness because they think he is corny or "suspect"...which also happened a whoooooole lot.

But that was cool doe.

>
>I support black QB's....

And I am making no effort to prevent you from doing that.

>
>Now the difference is this....If said black QB is FUCKING UP
>ON THE FIELD he will get clowned like any other QB...He
>doesn't get a pass just because he's black...
>
>So let's be clear here....Cam will most likely be named MVP of
>the league...He is in the Super Bowl...He has played at a high
>level all season....And his team is the overwhelming favorite
>in the Super Bowl, something unfortunately neither McNabb or
>Moon has enjoyed...

I am not a frontrunner. In fact, if I don't care about the teams or players in the SB Ima usually root for the underdog, which definitely is not Cam Newton. I was torn because of Rivera/Tillman, but now this thread has convinced me to throw aside all other concerns and focus on my growing disdain for Cameron Newton.

>
>If u can't get behind THAT dude because some of the
>questionable reasons u have been giving then I don't know what
>to tell u...

Y'all must like just about everyone who plays in the league. Or be coming up with all sorts of "serious" reasons not to like them.

I'm not like that. I can probably pick a couple guys off every team in the league that I don't like. And for minor reasons, like, corny statements, wack throwing motion, resemblance to niggas who owe me money, whatever.

Theres a bunch of QBs I don't like:

Phillip Rivers: weird redneck uber-christian who throws ugliest ball in the league.

Colin Kapernick: Throws the second ugliest ball in the league. No touch at all. And just...someting about dude...nah, don't like him.

Tom Brady: Fuck that dude forever for every reason.

Eli Manning: I live in New York, which is really enough, but I also am never going to be convinced that this dude is a HOFer, but I know he is going in.

Matthew Stafford: Looks like a date rapist. Has never been as good as everyone thinks. Plays for Lions.

RG3: Big fan out of college but once you don that Redskin uniform I can't fucks with you. At all. Plus everything about his public persona is terrible.

Kirk Cousins: I think he is gonna be a good player, but fuck that, Redskins and Jay Gruden loves you? I'm hating.

Nick Foles: For being trash and having one of the best seasons in NFl history and dumb philly fans swearing up and down he was good.

Ben Rothelisberger: What's to like?

Aaron Rodgers: Probably the most arrogant QB in the league, if I had to guess. Oh and plays for Packers.

Andy Dalton: He's never around when the beef cooks in Marvin Lewis' part of town. Still can't figure out what he does well.

So, there is some context. And when a player I don't really like get's to the point everyone in the media/fans is ballwashing them, it's irritating. Cam is just another one on the list, main reason I never posted about not liking him before was the ballwashing was kept to a relative minimum and there wasn't a commercial on with him rapping in it every five minutes.