Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe flamed out after carrying them for 45+ minutes lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2185750&mesg_id=2458704
2458704, He flamed out after carrying them for 45+ minutes lol
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-21-15 01:21 AM
This series didn't show us anything new about Bron. He's almost superhuman but not quite. I don't think you can judge his efforts late in these games considering the minutes he played. I mean the "clutch gene" is just some dumb shit for mush heads, and no one is going to confuse LeBron with Larry Bird, true. But I don't think "this was a huge W for the Bron is not clutch" contingent. It was weird, in the end I look back on these finals as plainly as possible. They were just a thing that happened. The first game was great, some of the others were competitive and/or engaging but there was little sense of suspense as to the winner for me (even when Cleveland was up 2-1) and I felt like things mostly just took their course. I understand that is the nature of a seven-game series, but sometimes it goes beyond that and becomes an incredible competition. That didn't happen here, I just felt like the Dubs gradually wore them down before our eyes and then it was over.