Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think the on/off court numbers are where people tend to doubt Knight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2423444&mesg_id=2424181
2424181, I think the on/off court numbers are where people tend to doubt Knight
Posted by Tek4mula, Wed Feb-25-15 02:54 AM
Some of the reasons for preferring Dragic were mentioned above, Dragic's breakout season was a whole year, Knight's still working on his best year and people don't really watch the Bucks.

But if we're looking for advanced stats what I see mentioned is how even with Knight putting up his best numbers this season the Bucks still score at a much better clip when he hits the bench. This year in about 1600 minutes on the court the Bucks score 103 points per 100 possessions, in about 1000 minutes with Knight sitting the Bucks score 110.7 points per 100 possessions. This has been the story for pretty much his whole career.

In Dragic's big year last year the Suns were a good offense when Dragic and Bledsoe were on the floor together, scored at a elite level when Dragic played and Bledsoe was out, and scored at Sixer's level of awful whenever Dragic sat. That has evened out this year for Dragic but the plea cop is that with Bledsoe healthy and Isaiah Thomas in the mix he doesn't get to control the offense as much.

So I think that's the basic analytical argument in favor of Dragic, both guys are ball-dominant, offensive-minded PG's but even in a breakout year Knight's team scores better when he's off the court.