Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI thought it was a dream when I heard
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2310810&mesg_id=2358559
2358559, I thought it was a dream when I heard
Posted by Walleye, Mon Aug-11-14 12:16 PM
It's funny, because he's been mostly not-terrible in his time with the Twins. But I just can't stand watching him because he symbolizes so thoroughly the descent into Clone Army madness. It wasn't enough to emphasize a no-walks approach, then we had to draft/develop guys who already profiled as strikezone pounders rather than try to graft that ability onto guys with power stuff, and finally - it was a more-than-one-year commitment to Kevin Correia, a guy with an incredible track record of producing fewer swings-and-misses than any starter in baseball.

He seems like a good guy and got traded to a good team. I hope it goes well. But I'll take literally anything of possible value back. And, honestly, that's gravy too.

Tommy Milone gets the callup. He's got a shot to be a rotation staple for a few years. Maybe Trevor May's second start is less of dumpster fire than his first one and all of a sudden, we're having a pretty nice week as Twins fans. Maybe.