Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlast friendly we played against Belgium, we lost 4-2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2344266&mesg_id=2344334
2344334, last friendly we played against Belgium, we lost 4-2
Posted by celery77, Fri Jun-27-14 04:44 PM
Although they had Benteke then and Klinsmann was still finding his way with roster selections. Kljestan and Brad Davis started, the CB pairing was Gonzalez and Goodson together, Eddie Johnson and Brad Evans played, sooo ... no point in really dwelling on it.

The US NEEDS to create more chances than they did in the games against Germany and Ghana. It's fine that we played cagey in those, obviously managing the group dictated it, but for playing cagey we still haven't managed a clean sheet in any of our games.

I still don't mind our chances, but just because Belgium didn't completely control their group doesn't mean we're safe from getting embarrassed. Hopefully we have something novel for the knockouts. I'm really hoping they put another forward up to free Clint to play the pocket in front of the backline, behind the midfielders, give Michael Bradley two forward options to pass to instead of just Clint. We'll see, but I pretty much agree with those who put a 60/40 in Belgium's favor.