Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyeah they are in good shape
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2316231&mesg_id=2335102
2335102, yeah they are in good shape
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Jun-07-14 01:19 AM
one of the key things i think is the understanding between sutter and lombardi. above all there is a lot of security there for both parties. it's especially good for sutter because he can be himself and he also won't be promoted to having any front office position. that was a bad idea in calgary.

i dont think they are going to buy out richards. frankly i doubt they will even trade him, they would be more likely to cheap out on defense a bit and then land a rental at the deadline if it kinda sinks them. i wouldnt be surprised to see mcnabb in the fold next year, then maybe a reclamation project veteran (e.g. robidas).

if richards continues to struggle, even then they'd probably cut bait in a trade by either taking low return or retaining some salary. right now they could get something but not much, unless a team made a mcdonagh-for-gomez type mistake. still, a buyout is just costly and complicated, more so for a guy who is young enough to bounce back and can still do some things effectively.

i think at some point the physical wear and tear on brown could become a problem but that is a way off. they will have to hope gaborik gives them a contender's discount and i think he will. obviously they have some decisions to make on defense. their drafting hasn't been that great lately in that area, though a couple later picks have stuck. up front and in goal, they are set obviously.