Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: welp the Cold War is officially all GBP fault now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2318238&mesg_id=2318764
2318764, RE: welp the Cold War is officially all GBP fault now
Posted by michaelo, Thu Apr-24-14 03:42 PM
a couple of weeks ago i was telling my biz partner that schaeffer would leave GBP and join Mayweather Promotions in some capacity (idk where that would leave Ellerbe).

obviously GBP and TR working together again is great. problem for GBP is that Oscar isn't really a business man and not that bright. so he'd obviously have to hire another CEO, that knows boxing.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out with so many GBP fighters signed with al haymon. the relationships between schaeffer, haymon, and mayweather.

i could see schaeffer taking the stance (which it looks like he already is) of "i built this motherfkr Oscar! i held it down while you were coked up wearing pantyhose and shit!"

to which he would have a point. the thing i don't like about schaeffer is that he's supposed to be this dignified swiss banker. but he plays into all the stupid, adolescent drama and politics in boxing. he tries to make arum out like the devil, but he's just a full of shit as bob.

should be interesting.