Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI get the exp gap but as the author of this post title, u kno the score
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2239000&mesg_id=2239557
2239557, I get the exp gap but as the author of this post title, u kno the score
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Oct-01-13 06:32 PM
on a sidenote I'm not really convinced Geno's been 'asked to do so much more' than Locker currently.

His team just sucks (I know they're 2-2 but that first game was a ref-gift vs Tampa & they're not winning more than 6 games) & they're generally losing so he's attempted marginally more passes per game.

But all that's really asked of him is 'go out there & try not to completely suck while learning on the job in what's likely a lost season'.

Nobody's 'asked' him to turn a football into a hula hoop or run out of the back of his own end zone while rolling out, he just did them.

To his credit he's overall been better than I thought he would be initially with that cast even if he is leading the league in turnovers.

But let's not get it twisted, he is nowhere close to being equal let alone better than Jake Locker at the moment.

So far I can't really say he has been better than any team's chosen starter outside of the truly-awful Gabbart or Weeden (pre-benching).

Maybe better than Pryor but I haven't really seen him outside of a few minutes of the Colts game.