Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject no, just no
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2222615&mesg_id=2223167
2223167, no, just no
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Aug-29-13 06:36 PM
What happened today was an insult, crap pittance for dudes who put it all on the line to create a multi billionaire dollar industry.

Today's players have better information, better medicine and better salary, but that will only mitigate the problem, not eliminate it.

And let's not let the NFL off the hook either. This is the bunch of old boys club bullshitters that produced "scientific evidence" that contact sports weren't related to concussions. The public fucking FRIED tobacco companies for that sort of junk science, but not the NFL? They also continue to deny and downplay steroid use, which is obviously quite prevalent.

Why do I bring this up? Because while there is known risk in a contact sport, the NFL has ACTIVELY DOWNPLAYED the risk for years running!

Fuck them. Just off the fact that it takes four hours to watch a fucking game with pretty limited rhythm (thank you, ads!) I was almost through with the NFL. Bullshit like this pushes me closer and closer to saying fuck it.