Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: so is this the "Grade My Fantasy Team for 2013" post ???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2221909&mesg_id=2221912
2221912, RE: so is this the "Grade My Fantasy Team for 2013" post ???
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Aug-25-13 09:51 PM
I always have a tough time understanding/gauging 12-team rosters since I'm a career 10-team cat. Picking at the end has to be brutal in terms of the waiting and the quality that leaves between double picks.

PPR?

Looks like you have a risky team that could either turn out great or rough going with a couple injuries/underperformances. SJax SHOULD be able to get the same easy TDs as Turner got + some more catches. And MJD...I'm sold that he's going to end up with a top 5-ish RB season. 1300 yards, 50 catches, 9+ TDs.

I hope like hell that you didn't pass up Forte in a PPR. Maybe it is just me...I think that dude is awesome for where he's going (early 2nd round). I'd rather take him than a few of the 1st round RBs (Richardson, Rice, and Charles for instance). He missed 3 or so games and still solid last year. He won't win you a week but he scores in PPR weekly even without TDs AND with Bush robbing him of a few scores.

I think Sudfeld might be a sexy pick that actually works out. But I swear I have no leanings on what the deal is with Gronk. He could show up in week 2 and be perfectly fine or show up a few weeks before Percy/Crabtree looking crappy.

Can't go wrong with Seahawk D as long as you didn't overpay.

Wayne and Bowe should be a slew of receptions.

Stevie is always getting drafted 2 rounds later than he should. He's an automatic 70-catches, 1k yards, and 5 or 6 TDs a season. That is good flex/insurance/bye-week stuff. It is better than trying to hit a home run and striking out with a Denarius Moore type.

Jimaveli

>I picked 12th in a 12 man league. Went RB/RB as best I could
>there, wasn't much left on the board.
>
>I'll probably start with:
>
>Steven Jackson
>Maurice Jones Drew
>Reggie Wayne
>Dwayne Bowe
>RGII
>Coby Fleener