Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMy man...(c)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2193184&mesg_id=2193186
2193186, My man...(c)
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jun-07-13 07:58 PM
YESSSS!!!!!

Our 2014 class is looking SERIOUS right now.

BUT the 2015 and 2016 classes are going to have some RIDICULOUS homegrown talent (Carlton Bragg, VJ King, etc) ...we have to keep the good ones at home.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1298021.html

By Evan Daniels
Recruiting Analyst
Posted Jun 7, 2013

Share on twitter Share on facebook | More Sharing ServicesMore

D'Angelo Russell didn't have intentions of making an early college choice, but on Friday he changed his mind giving a pledge to Thad Matta and Ohio State.

D'Angelo Russell wasn’t planning to make an early college decision.
On Friday, Russell, a 6-foot-4 combination guard, changed his mind, committing to Thad Matta and Ohio State.

“Something clicked to me last week,” Russell told Scout.com. “I just felt like today was the day.”

“The environment is off the chain,” Russell said. “I went up there and it was nice. The coaches, I just built a great relationship with the coaching staff. I didn’t feel like anybody was recruited me as hard as them.”

Russell picked Ohio State over strong interest from Georgetown, Indiana, LSU, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan State, Missouri, North Carolina State and Nebraska.

“I just felt like, why wait,” Russell said.

Russell said his relationships with Thad Matta and assistant Jeff Boals was a main part of his decision to commit.

“I kept in contact with them and they kept in contact with me,” Russell said. “I’m just trusting myself in making this decision. I just felt like it’s the right decision.”

Russell took an unofficial visit to Ohio State last weekend.

“Me visiting the school gave me a better idea,” he added. “I met the president. Just being in the environment and me knowing who I’d be playing with just clicked for them. “

With the addition of Russell, the Buckeyes now have commitments from three top 100 recruits in their 2014 recruiting class. Russell joins four-star prospects Keita Bates-Diop and Jae’Sean Tate as well as three-star center Dave Bell to make up their current class.