Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThey are cooked right now, injuries and shit mounting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2188218&mesg_id=2190097
2190097, They are cooked right now, injuries and shit mounting
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-02-13 08:58 PM
They lose their best forward so far in the playoffs with Richards. The guy stepping in for him just came off a concussion. Richards, Doughty and Regehr all got shaken up in this game. I feel bad for Kopitar, he is giving everything he has but he doesn't have much.

This is the worst game I've seen Quick play in a long time. Dunno if it's the B2B or a bad Italian beef sandwich or what but he had some pretty iffy goals. First one is a good shot but honestly he should have no net to shoot at. They also had another bad sequence where they had a failed clear and had everyone stuck on one side of the ice. That is ow they gave up that goal to Boyle in Game 7, and a handful of others recently.

Second goal, nice play by Seabrook but it was about a 150-foot play where he took his guy out and then beat him back. Not a strong angle by Quick, kind of a sharp angle shot and it still beats him.

Third one the defender bats in, yes, but he doesn't have his pads closed or sealed to the ice. Goaltending is not a reaction game anymore, everything happens close to the net and that blocking style is what it's all about.

Carter getting one was big but a three-goal rally? I dunno. I can only think of a couple such comebacks, one of which was when Calgary rallied from I believe four goals down against Vancouver in 04 when Sutter was coaching them. I cant remember if they won that game or just went to OT. That was a helluva run. Philly came back from 3=0 in Game 4 against Boston in 2010, but they got going earlier in the game.