Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyeah, but when it's somewhat of a set play, it works better
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2188218&mesg_id=2189880
2189880, yeah, but when it's somewhat of a set play, it works better
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-02-13 12:36 PM
they just need the right guys out there, some of these guys are not natural finishers. dwight king's hands were sculpted by Rodin, true story. penner has the hands and the body but he doesn't get that greasy. no one is going to mistake brown for ryan smyth down there, he's somewhat gifted in terms of pushing a six-inch shot a foot wide, but he gets a lot of opportunities. kopitar right now doesn't have his full range of motion from what i see. but williams, richards, carter and maybe a couple other guys are good down there playing pucks off the end boards or rebounds. williams has been making a living off broken plays the last couple of games, two of his three goals and some chances.

i just don't see much to shoot at with crawford. there's some room between his pad and his arm, like with most goalies, but the kings only have a couple guys who really snipe (carter primarily). mostly they have guys who score from in tight, they are not going to do that on the first opportunity.

for chicago, it took a really nice two-man play between oduya and sharp (drop pass, letter perfect shot to the far pad, well-timed move by the passer to get in and finish the play). i'm not sure how much success they will have. it's kind of weird, some of quick's stances (especially where he sprawls and leans forward, kind of crab-like) look like they leave room high but they don't. he's so in control of his angle that he cuts down the space behind him and his shoulders take care of the rest. that was another thing on the sharp goal, he challenged pretty aggressively and got caught a little too high. there's really no secret though, he's pretty hard to beat. if they are going to win, i think they need a noticeable edge in puck possession time, which they had yesterday.