Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't do agendas in sports so here we go
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2170294&mesg_id=2186001
2186001, I don't do agendas in sports so here we go
Posted by j0510, Fri May-24-13 02:40 PM
I have no problem with saying a team that I root for is bad, playing horrible, or makes dumb decisions. Even though the Blackhawks compiled a 36-7-5 regular season record they were beatable (hence the 7-5 part of that record. They didn't go undefeated. Last season the Blackhawks fired an assistant coach for a horrible PP. This seasons PP is no better and that is unexceptable.

>All fucking year we hear how UNBEATABLE Chicago is. The
>streak. The President's Trophy. How Chicago swept us in the
>regular season. Articles like this in Chicago...
>
>http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-16/sports/ct-spt-0517-dan-mcneil-blackhawks-chicago-20130517_1_detroit-goaltender-jimmy-howard-justin-abdelkader-red-wings

I did not write that article so please don't lump me in with that. Not all Blackhawk fans agree on everything. I don't consider my fandom to be completely monolithic with every other person who happens to be a fan of the same team.

>How Chicago has surpassed Detroit. No Lidstrom or Stuart =
>demise. The almighty intangibles himself, Toews is greater
>than Datsyuk. Chicago has incredible depth.

Chicago does have great depth. It came as a bit of a shock, because many people didn't expect the group of young guys (especially on the 3rd line) to play as well as they have this early in their careers. They just are not playing well in this series right now. I feel the same thing is happening for Detroit. They are doing some rebuilding and I think that their organization didn't expect their young players to be doing this well as early in their careers.

>Now that it is 3-1. We get..
>
>
>"This isn't surprising really."

#435. The Blackhawks showed not much of an offense in 3 out 4 games so why now going up the same team should they be any better. Detroit got better as the season went along. They are in the playoffs this year and now what is it 20 straight years because they are good and have been able to stay consistently good despite injuries or players coming and going.

>"Chicago is just unlucky."

Luck in context of hitting the post 4 times in a game. Yes, I do realize ever team hits the post. Some go in and some don't and when they don't the players have to find a better way to make them go in.

>"It's all Jimmy Howard."

It is not all Howard but he is a very important piece to Detroit's success. In Detroit's 3 wins he has only given up 2 goals. Detroit's D is also creating a wall on the blue line taking the Blackhawks off their natural puck possession game and making them play dump and chase.

>"Detroit is getting away with obstruction - they're not that
>good."

I don't think that is the case, so I'm not making that comment.

>I will not allow revisionist history on this series. I would
>hate for it to happen, but I would LOVE the double backtrack
>if Chicago won in 7 now.

For the way the Blackhawks have played they should lose, and they should be ashamed of how they are playing. Funny runaround game: The Blackhawks win all 4 regular season games against Detroit, but lose all 3 games against the Ducks. The Ducks lose to Detroit in the first round and now Detroit is giving Chicago fits, weird no?

>"See, Chicago is the best team ever. Told you."

Why would anyone think they are the best team ever? That is stupid and I don't play with that kind of foolishness. I don't post here that often so my opinions aren't always made known, but I thought prior to this series the Blackhawks would have had an easier time against the Sharks, because of their history of Detroit playing a great game. I honestly think that if the Blackhawks played Pitt in the SC Finals, they would get swept.