Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I think the Nets are only soft in that they are temperamental and have
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2173133&mesg_id=2173757
2173757, RE: I think the Nets are only soft in that they are temperamental and have
Posted by murph71, Fri May-03-13 08:54 AM
>They looked 'soft' in games 2 and 3 because they blew them out
>in Game 1 and got complacent.
>
>Complacency, not softness is the Nets' weakness

Softness is missing a shit load of FT's in a game that had no business being that close...It's missing point blank lay-ups when no one is even there to meet u at the basket...None of that is complacency...That's just mental breakdowns...mental softness...

See..u never heard me say the Nets were physically soft....They bang hard when they have to...Lopez has been an intimidating presence in the middle...Evans has been a beast...And JJ has been clutch...

But mentally? The breakdowns are there for everyone to see...

>>It's not like the Bulls are talentless, Boozer, Bellinelli,
>>Butler hitting numerous contested shots, the series WOULD be
>>over if Nate didn't have the most amazing 3 minute stretch
>in
>>league history! It took that!

People didn't even know who Butler was before this series...(the kid is the real deal, though)..And Bellinelli? lol...Come on...Dude is a good shooter, but that's not a player that anyone should be depending on to pull out a series like this...And yet we are...

>Basically #fucknate for life. I know he gets a lot of love in
>NY but fuck him for real
>
>I hate him more than Noah

lol...Nate is the type of player that u hate when he's on the other team...

But again...about the Nets...I thought it was a non issue, espcially after that first round blow out...To me the Nets were clearly the better team...

I live in Brooklyn (born in the Chi, though)....Before this series I had no beef with them...I like D. Wills...I like Watson, and JJ is cool...Hell, Lopez should get more credit for improving his defense...

But to me, if you are having trouble against a team that is literally on it's last legs, it's very telling...Thibs wont let his boys make excuses...They play to the very end...We are that tough...No hyperbole or cards...It is what it is...

If the Bulls lose this one, BK better get their heads together for the next round...